Golden Hits Radio and GHR-2.....back for another week with all that is Oldies!
- American artists aren't the only ones upset about politicians using their songs without their permission!
- A 50's pop legend (who loved a few of the ladies in his day) has died
- The Doobie Brothers don't need no stinking major record label!
- The ultimate "tribute act" reunites over the weekend
- Presidents aren't the only ones who get their own libraries
- Does this list of the Top 10 Phil Collins Songs match yours?
Where In The World Are..........The Cowsills?
The Cowsills preceded The Osmonds as pop's first clean cut family act in the late 60's. Alas, like many other child stars before and after them, their story reads more like a "Behind The Music" episode. Normally, we do the heavy lifting on these stories, but today, Spinner.com has done the work for us. Read the story of The Cowsills, along with what they're up to these days, by clicking here.
Golden Hits Radio and GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
What was the official reason for Jimi Hendrix's discharge from the U.S. Army?
Check back @ Everything Oldies tomorrow for the answer, and leave a Comment with your best guess!
Friday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Two members of Cyndi Lauper's band were later the founding members of what 80's band?
Answer: The Hooters, who in their heyday played Live Aid in Philadelphia and had 2 big MTV hits including this one.........