- A major superstar writes a book......and has now decided not to let it see the light of day
- A guitar legend talks about his days in The Band and his friendship with Eric Clapton
- The British answer to American Bandstand is being revived by the BBC
- Which classic 80's song has an Australian court just declared a ripoff?
What's In A Name?
Welcome to the latest in our series of Everything Oldies Games! We call this one "What's In A Name?". We'll give you the origin of a band's name heard every day at either Golden Hits Radio or GHR-2, and you fill in the blank with the name of the band. The answers will appear in the next day's edition of Everything Oldies.
- This band's name came from a Bing Crosby song the lead guitarist's grandmother liked _____________________
- This supergroup took their name to keep from being referred to as a supergroup ______________________
- This British group took their name from a lace product made of high quality paper manufactured in their hometown ______________________
Answers to Wednesday's (3/30/2011) What's In A Name?
1) Average White Band
3) The Righteous Brothers
Golden Hits Radio & GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
The Razzie Awards have been handed out to "honor" the worst movies and acting performances annually beginning in 1981. What music-related movie was the first to receive the Razzie for Worst Film?
Check back tomorrow at Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
In 1978, which band saw two members arrested in London for shooting racing pigeons with an air gun?
Answer: The Clash