- The Monkees talk to Rolling Stone about their upcoming reunion
- One of the most prolific artists of the 80's has decided to hang it up for good
- Hard to believe that an artist who ruled the pop and country charts in the 70's and 80's is celebrating a 50-year career!
- One of pop music's shortest people is headed out on the road this spring
- Here's a rundown of new CD and digital releases from your favorite artists at Golden Hits Radio and GHR-2
What's In A Name?
Welcome to the latest in our series of Everything Oldies Games! We call this one "What's In A Name?". We'll give you the origin of a band's name heard every day at either Golden Hits Radio or GHR-2, and you fill in the blank with the name of the band. The answers will appear in the next day's edition of Everything Oldies.
1) This band's name came from the original working title of The Beatles' classic "With A Little Help From My Friends" _____________________
2) This band's name came from an Australian Aborigine custom _______________________________
3) This band took its name from a character in the Jane Fonda film Barbarella _____________________________________
Golden Hits Radio and GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
Which 70's classic began with the title of one woman's name, and was then re-named due to another hit with the same title?
Check back tomorrow at Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
In 1977, which legend was attacked by an audience member who tried to strangle him with a rope?
Answer: Ray Charles