- A former Beach Boy receives a prestigious award
- Who's holding up a possible Kinks reunion?
- The DVD release of Bruce Springsteen's The Promise will contain a few new and exclusive goodies
- A group known for pyrotechnics would like to play in a country where they're part of the daily routine
What's In A Name?
Welcome to the latest in our series of Everything Oldies Games! We call this one "What's In A Name?". We'll give you the origin of a band's name heard every day at either Golden Hits Radio or GHR-2, and you fill in the blank with the name of the band. The answers will appear in the next day's edition of Everything Oldies.
- This band's name came from a made up word in a game of "Scrabble" _________________________
- This one hit wonder group took their name after they noticed briars sticking to their clothes following a photo shoot in the woods. The name was the local nickname for those briars ___________________
- Originally called The Mascots, they changed their name to honor the Cleveland disc jockey who helped them get their start ___________
Answers to Friday's (3/25/2011) What's In A Name?
3) Jefferson Airplane
Golden Hits Radio & GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
Which 50's legend didn't play his first gig in the UK until 1967?
Check back tomorrow at Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
When Billboard magazine first published what became its Country chart in 1939, what was it called?
Answer: The Hillbilly Records chart