- Everyone likes surprises.....and Elton John had a few at his Madison Square Garden show last week
- Glee will soon be taking on one of the greatest albums of all time
- One half of music's most legendary duo hopes to have the band back together soon
What's In A Name?
Welcome to the latest in our series of Everything Oldies Games! We call this one "What's In A Name?". We'll give you the origin of a band's name heard every day at either Golden Hits Radio or GHR-2, and you fill in the blank with the name of the band. The answers will appear in the next day's edition of Everything Oldies.
- While most may assume this group took their name from the initials of the three brothers who comprised it, it actually was inspired by the initials of two men influential in the early part of their careers. ________________________________________
- This band of Rock & Roll Hall of Famers' name is a variation on the name of one of their high school teachers _______________________
- The name of this band of reggae superstars is also an official British government form for filing for unemployment benefits ______________
Answers to the Monday (3/7/2011) What's In A Name?
1) This band's name came from the original working title of The Beatles' classic "With A Little Help From My Friends"
2) This band's name came from an Australian Aborigine custom
3) This band took its name from a character in the Jane Fonda film Barbarella
Golden Hits Radio & GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
In 1980, a man with a gun holed himself up inside the Los Angeles offices of Asylum Records demanding to talk to one of two superstar acts on their roster at the time. Which two artists (one solo artist and one band) did he demand to see?
Check back tomorrow at Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Which 70's classic began with the title of one woman's name, and was then re-named due to another hit with the same title?
Answer: Barry Manilow's first hit was originally titled "Brandy", but as it was being recorded, Looking Glass had a #1 hit with the same title, so "Brandy" became................"Mandy"