- Sir Elton John talks about his dearly departed friend, Elizabeth Taylor
- Bob Seger discusses his new album and tour
- One supermodel has big plans for her wedding reception!
- One member of one of rock's greatest bands wishes he had never joined!
- Want a list of great Spring songs? Here's one with The King, The Beatles, The Doors, and The Who (among others)
What's In A Name?
Welcome to the latest in our series of Everything Oldies Games! We call this one "What's In A Name?". We'll give you the origin of a band's name heard every day at either Golden Hits Radio or GHR-2, and you fill in the blank with the name of the band. The answers will appear in the next day's edition of Everything Oldies.
- This band named themselves after a 30's era fire engine made by Oldsmobile ___________________________
- A method of music instruction popular in the 1890's emphasizing physical response to the music gave this 80's duo their name _______
- A 1972 movie starring Jeff Bridges provided this band with the inspiration for its name _______________________________
Answers to the Wednesday (3/22/2011) What's In A Name?
1) The Rolling Stones
3) Canned Heat
Golden Hits Radio & GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
The music video for what song won the very first Video of the Year at the inaugural MTV Video Music Awards in 1984?
Check back tomorrow at Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
From 1958-1989, a total of four songs are tied for the record of #1 song with the shortest title. Three of them have the same artist involved. How many can you name?
Answer: There's Edwin Starr's "War", and three involving Michael Jackson......The Jackson 5's "ABC", and two solo hits......"Ben" and "Bad"