- First reported by Everything Oldies in November, a 60's supergroup is officially hitting the road!
- Get a taste of Sir Elton John hosting this week's Saturday Night Live
- One legendary guitar god discusses several others
- The mysterious death of a 60's music star will soon be revisited on the silver screen
What's In A Name?
Welcome to the latest in our series of Everything Oldies Games! We call this one "What's In A Name?". We'll give you the origin of a band's name heard every day at either Golden Hits Radio or GHR-2, and you fill in the blank with the name of the band. The answers will appear in the next day's edition of Everything Oldies.
- This band's first four Billboard chart hits were credited to AWB, but the name changed following an interview when members revealed what AWB stood for _____________________
- Originally named The Stilettos, this band's name changed following a catcall made by a passing driver to their lead singer on the sidewalk ______________________
- This legendary duo took their name from the reaction of a Marine in the crowd at a gig they were playing at a military base ______________________
Answers to Tuesday's (3/29/2011) What's In A Name?
1) Cheap Trick
2) Alice Cooper
3) Dire Straits
Golden Hits Radio & GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
In 1978, which band saw two members arrested in London for shooting racing pigeons with an air gun?
Check back tomorrow at Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Members of which legendary R&B group were session musicians on Phil Collins' 1985 smash "Sussudio", and were later sued by Collins for overpayment of royalties?
Answer: Earth, Wind, and Fire