- There will be no Rolling Stones tour in 2012. Keith Richards tells us why, but rumors also abound.
- There was, however, an all-star tribute to The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band Tuesday night at New York's Carnegie Hall
- Coming soon to a theater near you.....a documentary chronicling the life of one of the most successful songwriters of the 70's
- Why did a Motown legend order those Rosetta Stone language learning CDs?
- The original drummer for The Doobie Brothers has died
- A 60's teen idol will soon go under a surgeon's knife
Before your favorite Oldies superstars became million-selling musicians and singers, they often had to hold down "real" jobs to make ends meet. Now's your chance to show what a big fan you are by playing our new game, "Odd Jobs". We'll give you an occupation, and you tell us (via multiple choice) which star once held that job before they hit it big.............
Auto factory worker - Little Richard, Bo Diddley, or Chuck Berry
Movie theater ticket taker - B.J. Thomas, Bob Dylan, or Harry Nilsson
Shipyard riveter - Tony Bennett, Perry Como, or Frank Sinatra
ANSWERS TO MONDAY'S ODD JOBS
Wire solderer @ General Electric - Tommy Roe
Dishwasher - Marvin Gaye
Glove factory worker - Tom Jones
***COMMENT BELOW WITH YOUR GUESSES......WE'LL HAVE THE ANSWERS TOMORROW!***
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Today in 1972, Los Angeles police broke into the barricaded studios of radio station KHJ following calls from worried listeners due to the same song being played over and over for 25 1/2 hours! Which song was it?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Which two music legends were thrown out of L.A.'s legendary Troubador March 13, 1974 for heckling The Smothers Brothers during a performance?
Answer: John Lennon and Harry Nilsson
ON THE ROAD - B.J. THOMAS