Here's what's making news @ Golden Hits Radio.........
- There are certain songs you WON'T be hearing on Simon Cowell's new TV show......are there any you would add to the list?
- Who is the latest band to catch the epidemic known as Reunion Fever?
- Reese Witherspoon will soon be portraying another music icon on the big screen
- Oldies on the NFL practice field.....
Oldies on TV
- Steve Winwood - The Late Show with David Letterman - CBS
- It's "pledge drive" time on your local PBS station, and many are showing some fantastic Oldies programming, including Magic Moments: The Best of 50's Pop and Ed Sullivan's Rock and Roll Classics -- check your local listings for times and stations
- VH1 Classic One Hit Wonders - VH1 Classic - 10 p.m. Eastern, 9 p.m. Central
Where In The World Is.........Vanity Fare?
Vanity Fare is a UK pop group formed in 1966. They had a few minor British pop hits in their early years, but by 1970 they had successfully crossed the pond and charting hits in America. Ironically, their biggest UK hit, "Early In The Morning", peaked at #12 in the U.S., but their biggest American hit, "Hitchin' A Ride", went as high as #5 but stalled at #16 in Britain.
Following a series of failed singles both here and abroad, the band decided to concentrate on live performing in the mid-70's. The lineup of the band changed constantly, and recording was sporadic. In 1986 they entered the famed Eurovision Song Contest, placing 3rd with a song called "Dreamer".
Vanity Fare remains active on the touring circuit today. You can find out more on the band's official website here.
From a vintage episode of Top of the Pops in 1970.......
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Which group has the longest name that does NOT contain a vowel?
Check back @ Everything Oldies tomorrow for the answer, and leave a Comment here with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
What was the first CD to sell a million copies?
Answer: "Brothers In Arms" by Dire Straits