- Who's "gambling" on a new album being a hit in 2012?
- What happened the night Elvis met The Beatles? There's no concrete photo or recorded proof, but a new exhibit pieces some of the evening together.
- Mick Jagger dishes about Some Girls, including a song on the album that could have raised questions about his sexual preference.
- One of the great pop entertainers hits the road again in 2012
- Two great songwriters who passed on earlier this year will be honored during next Wednesday (November 30)'s Grammy nominations concert
Yesterday, the Recording Academy (the governing body that awards the Grammys each year) announced their list of inductees to the Grammy Hall of Fame for 2012. These can be albums or songs, and they can be in any genre. Oldies were well represented on the list, and we thought we would salute them here!
From The Rolling Stones' Exile On Main St. album, a rare look inside the studio at the making of their hit "Tumbling Dice"........
From Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young's landmark 1970 album Deja Vu.......
From Santana's self-titled 1969 album, a performance from Woodstock......
Freddy Fender's 1975 classic, "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights........
Last but certainly not least, there's this disco smash.......
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
On whose rather unlikely recommendation did Atlantic Records sign Led Zeppelin in 1968?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Today in 1957, a soon-to-be-legendary music duo made their national television debut on American Bandstand, but under a different name than the one they would soon adopt. Who were they, and under what name did they appear that day?
Answer: Simon and Garfunkel, who were performing that day under the pseudonym "Tom and Jerry"
FROM ALL OF US AT GOLDEN HITS RADIO, HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!