- The 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees have been named!
- One inductee is "pleased as punch" to be enshrined
- The Boss will be hiring in 2012
- Some days will be "Diamond"s next year
- Roy Orbison's widow has passed away......on the anniversary of her husband's death
- Motown put Detroit on the musical map, but the man who established its reputation as a rock and roll town will soon put out his first new album in 28 years!
- College football bowl season is upon us, and Oldies artists will play a part at halftime and singing the National Anthem
All For The Hall
Golden Hits Radio would like to congratulate the 2012 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame class of inductees! Several of the folks are either heard each day on our station or were responsible for some of the greatest music ever recorded in a behind the scenes capacity. Let's shine the spotlight on them.............
The Small Faces (who later became The Faces)
Laura Nyro, a legendary songwriter who wrote a number of huge hits including.........
Legendary producer Tom Dowd, who sat behind the console during the recording of classics like..........
Producer/engineer Glyn Johns, who brought us..........
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Which 60's teen idol visited Elvis @ Graceland today in 1960, lending Elvis his pants when he ripped them demonstrating karate?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Friday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Which group appeared on the British TV show Jukebox Jury today in 1963, and declared Elvis Presley's then-current single "Kiss Me Quick" a "hit"?
Answer: The Beatles