- Hundreds of thousands of people descended upon Dallas for Super Bowl weekend, but not one superstar who had an expensive charity gig booked
- Rolling Stone wants to know.....who is the greatest rock drummer of all time?
- One legendary rocker has a warning for anyone coming to a show on his latest tour expecting to hear the same ol' setlist
- A Motown legend is inducted into a legendary Hall of Fame......and you wonder why it hasn't happened sooner
- If you're passing through Cleveland this summer, stop by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for a major new exhibit
- Didn't stick around for last night's post-Super Bowl episode of Glee? We've got the clips of the musical numbers (including a rip roaring cover of "Thriller") when you click here!
- A guitarist from one of the most successful Irish musical imports in history has died
- A 70's classic was featured in one of last night's Super Bowl commercials! Click here to see it
Welcome to the first in our series of Everything Oldies Games! Play along and show off your knowledge of the music of the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's by leaving a comment with your answers. Our first game is Common Knowledge. We'll give you a series of 3 songs accompanied by video. You tell us what they have in common. ***KEEP IN MIND THE COMMON BOND COULD BE FOUND IN THE SONGS, THE ARTISTS, AND/OR THE VIDEO CLIPS*** We'll give you the answers for the entire week in Friday's Everything Oldies
ANSWERS TO LAST WEEK'S COMMON KNOWLEDGE GAMES.........
Monday (1/31/2011) - All 4 clips featured artists hailing from the state of New Jersey
Tuesday (2/1/2011) - All 4 clips featured artists who performed at Woodstock in 1969
Wednesday (2/2/2011) - All 4 clips featured songs featuring some contribution by Stevie Wonder.....either as a writer, producer, or performer. In the case of Elton John's "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues", Stevie played the harmonica solo.
Thursday (2/3/2011) - All 4 clips featured songs produced by Phil Collins
Golden Hits Radio & GHR-2's Burning Question of the Day
Which artist recorded the first album using all digital studio equipment?
Check back tomorrow @ Everything Oldies for the answer, and leave a Comment here with your best guess!
Wednesday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Which innovative singer/songwriter had a child he named Rebop in 1992?
Answer: Todd Rundgren