- A legendary performer and bandleader, known as the "Godfather of R&B", has died
- An artist known for his "American" signature song will receive a British Lifetime Achievement Award
- A salute to the music of The Rolling Stones brings out some of their close friends to perform
- One of pop music's most successful songwriters will tell his story in a book due in November
What's In A Name?
Many of the folks who made the music heard on Golden Hits Radio over the years did NOT perform under the name on their birth certificate. This week, let's play another game and see how well you know the real names of your favorite 50's, 60's, and 70's hitmakers. We'll give you the birth name and you drop us your answer in the Comment box below. ***HINT: EACH ARTIST WILL PLAY SOMETIME TODAY ON GOLDEN HITS RADIO*** Here we go!
1) Patricia Louise Holte-Jones ____________________
2) Robert Louis Ridarelli ___________________
3) Ernest Evans _____________________
YESTERDAY'S WHAT'S IN A NAME ANSWERS
1) Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero Connie Francis
2) Peter Charles Green (also known as Peter Lee Stirling) Daniel Boone ("Beautiful Sunday")
3) John Henry Ramistella Johnny Rivers
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Which rock and roll pioneer made his debut on the Grand Ole Opry today in 1973?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Today in 1965, which soon-to-be music legend dropped out of law school to pursue his music career?
Answer: Paul Simon