- A group mostly dormant since 1976 is reuniting!
- What would The Beatles' "Here Comes The Sun" have sounded like had this George Harrison guitar solo been included?
- The writer and performer of a 70's era sports stadium rocker will rake in big money when it's played during the Super Bowl on Sunday.......but he'll never see a dime from it
- The singer of one of the most legendary songs of the 60's, currently battling lung cancer, has retired from the music business
- Elton John appeared on Good Morning America.....and discussed his Super Bowl ad, fatherhood, and gave Madonna some words of, um, "advice" on her Super Bowl halftime performance
My Three Songs
Time for a new game @ Everything Oldies called "My Three Songs". We'll give you video clips of three songs, and you tell us what they have in common. We'll start off with a very easy one today. Take a look and give us your answer in the Comment box below........
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Today in 1969, a music legend was told he could not perform the song he had chosen for his appearance on The Jackie Gleason Show, causing him to walk off the set and cancel his appearance. Who was he and what song was he denied permission to sing?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Which legendary band, known for their stage theatrics, played their first concert together at New York's Coventry Club today in 1973?
On The Road - Neil Diamond