- A Rolling Stone undergoes surgery.......just in time to recover for a tour?
- Etta James is home and resting
- A concertgoer in Nashville gets more than he bargained for at a Gregg Allman show
- Which global superstar is working on new material?
- A distinguished list of artists are inducted to the Hit Parade Hall of Fame
Works In Progress
This week, Everything Oldies will play a new game.....and you can play along! Some of the titles of your favorite songs had very different names in their infancy. Each day, we'll give you the working titles of three classic Oldies and you give us the name you came to know them, and love them, by. We'll give you the answers for each day's songs the following day! Ready? Try these on.......
1) "I Want To Eat You Up", the original working title of a 1979 hit for Michael Jackson
2) "The Devil Is My Name", the original working title of a hit for The Rolling Stones
3) "Eight Arms To Hold You", the original working title of a #1 smash for The Beatles
Come back tomorrow for the answers!
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Which album set a Billboard chart record this week in 1965 by making the biggest jump to #1.....all the way from #98?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Friday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
Which legendary "girl group" opened for The Rolling Stones on their first headlining tour of the UK in 1964, leading to a fling between Keith Richards and one of the group's members?
Answer: The Ronettes