- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland is expanding
- New CDs and digital downloads from your favorite Oldies stars are out today!
- Wanna see a collection of George Harrison's guitars over the years and hear songs on which he played them? There's an iPad app for that!
What's In A Name?
Many of the folks who made the music heard on Golden Hits Radio over the years did NOT perform under the name on their birth certificate. This week, let's play another game and see how well you know the real names of your favorite 50's, 60's, and 70's hitmakers. We'll give you the birth name and you drop us your answer in the Comment box below. ***HINT: EACH ARTIST WILL PLAY SOMETIME TODAY ON GOLDEN HITS RADIO*** Here we go!
1) Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero ___________________
2) Peter Charles Green (also known as Peter Lee Stirling) _______________________
3) John Henry Ramistella ____________________
YESTERDAY'S WHAT'S IN A NAME ANSWERS
1) Ernest Kador, Jr. Ernie K. Doe
2) Thomas John Woodward Tom Jones
3) Baldemar Garza Huerta Freddy Fender
Golden Hits Radio's Burning Question of the Day
Today in 1965, which soon-to-be music legend dropped out of law school to pursue his music career?
Come back to Everything Oldies tomorrow to find the answer, and leave a Comment below with your best guess!
Yesterday's Burning Question (and Answer) of the Day
In a 1971 press conference, which superstar declared, "I don't go along with music advocating drugs and desecration of the flag. I think an entertainer is for entertaining and to make people happy."?
Answer: Elvis Presley